- Minor improvements in piece graphics and board colours.
- The launcher program is now safer.
- The frequent "child exited unexpectedly" event (polyglot failure) is now automatically managed - the user should no longer be concerned with that failure.
- Four engines supplied with the installer: Baron, Crafty, Critter, Stockfish.
- Graphic option added: Diagramkit V2 figurines.
- A "child exited unexpectedly" status (polyglot failure) is detected and communicated to the user.
- Analyze command sequence: "xboard"+"post"+"analyze"+"setboard".
- External windows (log, annotation, analyze) are kept under a single OS application.
- The "analyze" command (showing output from the engines) is now implemented.
- Some graphic enhancements, with a few options for piece fonts and board appearance.
- The GUI detects the draw by insufficient material and terminates the game.
- Fixed bug: reading a game from a PGN file was causing a null move exception.
- Some "feature" settings supported from the engines (myname, time, san, playother, usermove).
- The GUI performs time control .(#moves and time left for each engine) .
- UNDO option reimplemented (human-engine games only) both with "remove" and "undo" commands.
- The ResizerButtons (top-right) are disabled when a game is in progress.
- Implemented support for UCI engines via polyglot.
(feb_2014) some bugs fixed (engines were not retaining configuration data)
Engines are installed and configured through a dialog box (CONFIG button). The folder engine_collection is no longer used.
New function: EPD file reader.
- Loading an EPD position switches LiliaChess to chess-problem status (white border).
- The Restart button is available (as usual) as far as human and/or supporting engines are selected.
- Unlike the PGN window, the EPD selection window is modeless and the selected row is immediately uploaded to the chessboard. Some EPD test-suites are supplied within the installer.
PGN reader :
- PGN games starting with a FEN-tagged position are now supported.
- annotated PGN games are now supported. Annotations are displayed in a separate window.
The game commands (New, End, Restart) are now icon-buttons; the previous text strings are used as tool-tips
220.127.116.11 Network implementation: a chess game can be played between two liliachess users over a LAN.